Friday, 26 August 2016

Is Soccer strictly a boys' game?_ Anaaya Ravishankar



Table of content

1.      Introduction
2.      Problems
3.      Opinions
4.      The World has changed
5.      Conclusion
6.      Glossary
7.      Acknowledgements


Introduction

When you see boys playing soccer, don't you just want to play too? But no! They’ll tell me I’m a girl. Well not anymore because soccer is not only a men’s game, it’s a girl’s game too. In this feature article I’m going to tell you about the history of girls’ soccer, what problems girls face and a few opinions.

Did you know that 81% of the world says that girls can play soccer? Then why don't we? I’ll tell you why. Girls are said to be “weak”. They are said to be “princesses”. They are said to be less “superior”. Well now thanks to England, soccer has become a girl’s sport around the world.

Girls soccer started in England in 2002. That time there were more than 7000 teams and over 100,000 players. Now in America there are 6 million players

There are still many problems girls face



Problems!!!

There is no difference between girls and boys playing soccer, yet there are so many problems. Coaching, teasing and even fighting on who has a higher status. These are some problems and here are some solutions.


Problems
Solutions
1
Around the world there are very few women coaches compared to men coaches for soccer
A solution for having more women coaches is that they need that encouragement and should have a lower status
2
Men have a higher status than women
Women and men should have an equal status because there no difference between men and women in soccer, we are as good as them and we should be given equal rights as them



Our Opinions
I’ve interviewed a few people on whether girls should play soccer or not. I got both good and bad answers.

Girl’s Opinion
“I’m 16 years old and I’m a soccer player in the boys’ soccer team. I play defense. I’m as strong as boys on the team and for all of you who said girls can’t play soccer, you’re wrong.

Coaches Opinion
“Girls shouldn’t play soccer because if they get hurt they’ll give up”. That’s what most boy’s think.  I think that girls should play because they can tackle all the boys on the team!

Boys Opinion
Too physical for girls. When girls play soccer they get concussions. They should give up their dreams and stop acting like football stars.

GIRLS WHO HAVE DREAMS OF BECOMING STARS SHOULD FOLLOW THEM.

IMG_20160124_092340.jpg






The world has changed.J

Thanks to a worldwide organization called Feminists soccer is becoming a girl’s sport. Sadly, there are still many problemsL.


Did you know that even though there are many protests for girls’ soccer, most religious schools stop the whole match if there is a girl in the opponent’s team or on their team!
Well, now in most parts of the world since the feminists have been protesting so much so schools have let girls play. Ever since they let girl’s play, girls are becoming better than boys.


GIRLS
BOYS
HAVE FUN
99%
94%
IMPROVED AT SPORTS
98%
94%
LEARNED NEW SKILLS
95%
89%
BE COMPETITIVE
94%
94%
BE WITH FRIENDS
92%
87%
KEEP BUSY
73%
63%





























Glossary

Status- Relative social or professional position. Another word for status is rank.

Tackling- Most forms of football have a move known as tackling. The primary purpose of tackling is to steal the ball from the opponent.

Defense: Defense is a position played in football. It’s mainly to block opponent from shooting.

Feminists- Feminists are a group of million people who come together to define, establish and achieve political, economic, personal and social rights for women that are equal to those of men.



































Acknowledgements

*        Lowder with crowder.
*        Goal Nation
*        Footy 4 kids
*        Debate.org
*        Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment